Wednesday 22 December 2010

Collaberating


This year has been really interesting for me as I have worked on most of the briefs as a pair with Juliette Brooks. We each began the first brief individually, then when we chose the second brief we found we had chose the same one so decided to work together. We chose to rebrand ProPlus, then went on to work on another two briefs together, repackaging Body Shop and an Integrated campaign for Ted Baker.

The experience has been interesting as myself and Jules both work very similarly, we love the ideas process and found we bounced off each other, sometimes coming up with really elaborate ideas which had to be reigned in a bit, but we both were motivated and exited by this process.

We both found that when it came to producing the final product for the exhibition though we lost slight interest, there was a week where we just couldn't move it forward, the idea was there, we knew what we wanted to do, but because we couldn't make it look as good as we wanted we became slightly frustrated.

After a discussion and kicking each other to get going again, we worked really hard to get some final pieces, which although wasn't up to a standard which we had hoped for, they did portray the idea.

I have learnt so much in this process, about how I work as an individual and also how different it is working as part of a team. I had not had particularly good experiences when previously collaborating, mainly on the cross pathway project, so had usually opted to work individually, but the experience of working with Jules has opened my mind as to how if working with the right person it can be a good experience.

I have picked up new ways of thinking during this process and I think it has been more motivating to work harder if working as part of a team because the pressure is on and you have a responsibility to other people not just to yourself, I would definitely work with Jules again and I think the lessons we have learned about time management will be beneficial for the future, and has been a good insight into our own strengths and weaknesses which we can work on.

No comments:

Post a Comment